November 19, 2014 BRACE Law Firm, Center for the Study of the Normative Environment of Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Faculty of Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics and Life sciences legal club held a round table on the topic: “Legal aspects of the fight against counterfeiting of medicines”
Keynote addresses were delivered by:
• Grigory Shevchenko (CJSC “OPEN TECHNOLOGIES”) on the topic: “Information system for determining the authenticity of medicines”;
• Dmitry Mazaev (NRU Higher School of Economics) on the topic “Counterfeiting and counterfeiting of medicines as a form of violation of the exclusive rights of pharmaceutical companies”;
• Alexander Panov (NRU Higher School of Economics) on the topic: “Consumer Protection in the Falsification of Medicines”;
• Nadezhda Lush (NRU Higher School of Economics) on the topic: “Serialization as a mechanism to counter the falsification of medicines”;
• Alexey Shadrin (NRU Higher School of Economics) on the topic “Criminal Law Aspects of Combating Counterfeiting of Medicines”.
• Roman Shabrov (Law Firm BRACE);
• Mark Tsutsiev (Budget magazine);
• Alexander Vaneev (AB Egorov Puginsky Afanasyev & Partners).
After the reports, a discussion was held in which representatives of the pharmaceutical industry, the academic community, government, expert and consulting organizations, as well as the media participated.