Representation in appellate courts. Legal services for the preparation of an appeal and a response to an appeal.
The appeal is an independent stage of the judicial process. The appellate procedure checks the legality and validity of court decisions that have not entered into force.
The parties and other persons participating in the case have the right to appeal the decisions of the court of first instance in accordance with Part 2 of Article 320 of the Code of Civil Procedure of the Russian Federation, and the prosecutor participating in the case has the right to bring an appeal.
In accordance with Article 257 of the Arbitration Procedure Code of the Russian Federation, the persons participating in the case, as well as other persons in cases provided for by the Arbitration Procedure Code of the Russian Federation, have the right to appeal. The appeal is filed through the arbitration court that made the decision in the first instance, which is obliged to send it along with the case to the appropriate arbitration court of the appellate instance within three days from the date of receipt of the complaint by the court.
The successors of the persons participating in the case, who did not enter into the process when considering the case in the court of first instance, also have the right to appeal. Appeals, submissions are considered by:
- district court – against the decisions of justices of the peace;
- the Supreme Court of the Republic, the regional court, the court of the city of federal significance, the court of the autonomous region, the court of the autonomous district, the district (naval) military court - against decisions of district courts, decisions of garrison military courts;
- Judicial Collegium for Civil Cases of the Supreme Court - on the decisions of the supreme courts of the republics, territorial, regional courts, courts of federal cities, the court of the autonomous region, the courts of autonomous districts, adopted by them in the first instance; the Judicial Collegium for the Affairs of Military Personnel of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation – against the awards of the district (naval) military courts adopted by them in the first instance;
- Appellate Board of the Supreme Court - on the decisions of the Supreme Court, taken at first instance;
- The Appellate Instance of the Moscow City Court – against decisions of this court in civil cases related to the protection of copyright and (or) related rights, except for the rights to photographic works and works obtained by methods similar to photographs in information and telecommunication networks, including on the Internet, and for which they have taken preliminary interim measures in accordance.
With regard to arbitration proceedings, in accordance with Article 258 of the Arbitration Procedure Code of the Russian Federation, appeals are considered by an appellate arbitration court formed in accordance with the Federal Constitutional Law “On Arbitration Courts in the Russian Federation”.