International trade law and foreign investments
Legal support of foreign investments and international trading activities, legal support in the implementation of complex investment projects in Russia
One of the key areas of practice of the BRACE Law Firm is legal support of companies that conduct international trade activities and investments.
According to the Federal Law N 164-FZ of December 8, 2003, “On the basics of state regulation of foreign trade activity” foreign trade activity is an activity related to the execution of transactions in the field of foreign trade in goods, services, information and intellectual property.
The Concept of the long-term socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2020, approved by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 17, 2008 N 1662-p, defines Russia's participation in the development of a system of rules governing international trade and investment, developing international standards in order to bring the national system of standards and certification closer with the international system. Therefore, the issues of legal regulation of international trade activities and investments in the framework of the legal system of the Russian Federation are particularly relevant.
International trade relations are characterized by versatility, which is determined by the peculiarities of the economic policies of states and relations between them.
In particular, the implementation of investment projects with the attraction of foreign investment is accompanied by the preparation of a large volume of contracts and the commission of other legally significant actions that have a significant impact on economic results. In this regard, it is necessary to pay attention to the issue of the interconnectedness of transactions and their compliance with all applicable legal norms of a particular state and international law, as the contradictions made may cause serious losses for business and other negative consequences. It is important to settle the interests of the participating subjects, taking into account all possible options for the further development of the legal relations between them. For this purpose, it is extremely important to develop a general strategy for the implementation of an investment project.
Thus, the implementation of any trade operations and the implementation of investment projects in the framework of international cooperation of economic entities constitute a complex structure of legal relations that affect various branches of law and require knowledge of the norms of Russian law, the peculiarities of the legal regime of foreign states and international law. In legal support of the activities of subjects of international trade and investment, an integrated approach to the implementation of the tasks set is important, as well as an analysis of the law-enforcement practice in relation to certain applicable laws.
Specialists of the BRACE Law Firm are ready to provide comprehensive legal support in many areas of foreign trade and investment projects on a turnkey basis.
- Development of templates for foreign trade contracts for an international pharmaceutical company with a detailed regulation of all delivery methods according to Incoterms
- Comprehensive legal support under the law of the EAEU in the context of the implementation of the construction of a plant on the territory of Kazakhstan with the preparation of draft necessary contracts and other accompanying documentation
- Legal due diligence of an investment project for the construction of a large shopping center in the Moscow Region in the interests of a Russian development company
- Legal advice on investing in the construction of a pharmaceutical production and concluding a special investment contract for a large international pharmaceutical company
- Legal support in the opening of a representative office of a major international developer of a legal entity on the territory of the Russian Federation
- Drafting and legal expertise of foreign trade contracts.
- Legal expertise of compliance of transactions and trading operations with international requirements and restrictions.
- Legal support under the law of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- Legal examination (due diligence) of an investment project with the participation of foreign investments (foreign entities).
- Preparation and legal expertise of documents for the implementation of an investment project (agreements of intent, investment contracts, etc.)
- Conducting disputes related to foreign economic activity.
- Representation of interests in disputes at the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
- Recognition and enforcement of awards of international commercial arbitration courts and awards of foreign state courts.