On August 29, 2014, BRACE Law Firm and the Center for the Study of the Normative Environment of Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology at the Faculty of Law of the National Research University Higher School of Economics held a round table on the topic: “Legal aspects of advertising in the Russian pharmaceutical market”.
Keynote addresses were made by:
• Irina Zarochintseva (Pfizer) on the topic: “Information asymmetry in the drug market”.
• Roman Shabrov (BRACE Law Firm) on the topic: “Requirements for the Advertising of Medicines and Supplements: Interpretation Problems”.
• Nelli Ignatieva (Russian Association of Pharmacy Networks) on the topic “Advertising of drugs, dietary supplements and medical devices: pros and cons”
• Dmitry Mazaev (NRU Higher School of Economics) on the topic: “Legal consequences of the dissemination of inaccurate advertising and inaccurate information about medicines for medical use”.
Discussants of the reports were:
• Tatyana Nikitina (Office of Advertising Control and Unfair Competition, FAS Russia);
• Oleg Feofilaktov (Pharmacy Business Magazine);
• Elena Kolosova (Sanofi-aventis groupe).
After the speeches, a general discussion took place on the legal issues of advertising in of medicines in the Russian pharmaceutical market. The discussion was attended by representatives of the pharmaceutical industry, the academic community, public authorities, expert and consulting organizations, and the media.